O'Briens

O'Briens
A twelve year journey including a very long ortho surgery residency, first year as staff, a move to Fort Irwin AKA The Moon, a move back to DC, and now finally settling for a while in the Augusta, Georgia area-this blog tells a story of a boy and a girl leaving NYC, both switching careers, joining the Army, starting our family, loving, losing, living... Buckle up, this life of ours is bumpy, but full of love and lots of adventure.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Finally, Isabelle's Big Birthday Bash!


I am very concerned about the second child syndrome... My mommy friend said, "the first child is a temple of purity--no tv, only homemade food, everything completely dedicated to them. The following children, well..." I often think about my friends joking about the second child's empty scrapbook or picture album and for some reason I decided to make it a mission to not let that happen. Of course, a few things have slipped here and there. I didn't sterilize EVERY bottle, EVERY time. That toy did touch the floor before she put it in her mouth, but only for two seconds. And Izzy and I have not taken a mommy and me class--all by ourselves, but my friend Mindy and I are planning on doing it this fall with the girls while Liam and Matthew are in school. So you get where I am coming from here when I absolutely HAD to reschedule the big first birthday bash for Isabelle--despite the illnesses that had been plaguing us and even with a accident that left me with an ugly shoe to support my foot. WE WERE GOING TO HAVE THIS PARTY! And so we did and it was spectacular. Happy Birthday, sweet Izzy Belly! You are worth all three celebrations.


2 comments:

Grandma O said...

Isabelley girl,
Happy Happy Happy Birthday ! You do deserve three celebrations !!!
What a precious little girl you are, and how much you are loved by your entire family !
Everyone enjoyed your party, and celebrating with the entire family.
much love and lots of kisses, Grandma O

Kim Rhynerson said...

Dear Beautiful Isabelle,

You were the Star in the belated Birthday Party held just for you with much love and pride. Your Mom ought to be awarded for her endless efforts to make all nicest things happened for you and your brother Liam. She is a marvelous Mom!

Aunt CeeCee and I were so happy to be part of the teamwork - we helped preparing all the yummy food, decorated cupcakes, and beautifully displayed them for the event. You looked so beautiful in your pink tutu with the butterfly wings. The weather was also very nice for the celebration as some of your little guests enjoyed the outdoor activities as well.

Happy Birthday to you again!

Love,
Grandma R