O'Briens

O'Briens
A twelve year journey including a very long ortho surgery residency, first year as staff, a move to Fort Irwin AKA The Moon, a move back to DC, and now finally settling for a while in the Augusta, Georgia area-this blog tells a story of a boy and a girl leaving NYC, both switching careers, joining the Army, starting our family, loving, losing, living... Buckle up, this life of ours is bumpy, but full of love and lots of adventure.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Liam went pee pee on the potty...again after the first time six months ago!

Six months ago Liam mastered the potty, then decided that it was over-rated. I am definitely from the school of letting the kiddos decide when they are ready, plus it is Liam's personality to master any of the benchmarks in his own time and on his own terms...like the binky, weaning, and the bottle...so why would this be any different??? So I marking this date AGAIN in hopes that this is the beginning of the end of the diapers and that Liam's motto of "DIAPERS FOREVER!" as he shouted at Fred a while back has gotten old for him (as it surely has for us) and that we are on our way to underpants. It is April Fool's Day, but I am going to pretend it is not. I do have photos, but I will spare you. Plus, if I plan on blackmailing him later with them, it just doesn't make sense to publish them now. Hee hee! UPDATE: Liam went pee pee on the potty again! I think we are on to something here. Though I won't share a picture, I will give you an image--Liam likes to take his socks, pull up and pants completely off while sitting on the potty. He does however request that his dinosaur boots be on his feet and will go get them if they are not nearby. He also have to read his potty book while he is waiting for the pee pee to come. Hilarious!

1 comments:

Grandma O said...

Liam, It was fun to talk with you the other day, and we are very happy that you are doing so well. Lots and lots of love Grandma O