O'Briens

O'Briens
A twelve year journey including a very long ortho surgery residency, first year as staff, a move to Fort Irwin AKA The Moon, a move back to DC, and now finally settling for a while in the Augusta, Georgia area-this blog tells a story of a boy and a girl leaving NYC, both switching careers, joining the Army, starting our family, loving, losing, living... Buckle up, this life of ours is bumpy, but full of love and lots of adventure.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

An Early Valentine Dessert



So I am always going a million miles a minute and as I walked into school on Tuesday, I saw a sign up sheet for the class Valentine's Day party. Since I made those snowmen desserts and then Liam got sick and those snowmen never made it to school, I decided to try, try again. While carrying Izzy in one hand, trying to get Liam's coat and book bag off in the other, I quickly kissed him goodbye and sent him into class (note, that I didn't have to pry him off my leg!), and I proudly signed up to bring snack again. I had a bunch of appointments that day, so Edwina came to pick Liam up for me, so I never saw the sign up sheet again. Come Wednesday afternoon, I think, hey, is the party tomorrow or on Tuesday after Valentine's Day (it's a T/Th class). I decide with conviction that it has to be Thursday. I borrow all of Meaghan's baking stuff and make the coolest heart-shaped brownies. Well, cool for me, because I am a cook, not a baker. Did I mention that we also made Liam's Valentine's cards, like made them from scratch? Yeah, also ready for Thursday. We march in and guess what!?! Party is on Tuesday. Oh well, I can't get it right! I'll blame it on sleeplessness. The kiddos got a special pre-Valentine's treats and it beat the heck out of those pretzels they were going to get for snack today.

But ho-hum, what am I going to make for Tuesday now? I can't do the same thing-how passé! Back to the drawing board for me! But here are some photos of Liam and a friend helping me out with some of the eating, oh, I mean baking.

1 comments:

Grandma O said...

Liam,
You and Maeve were a big help to Mommy I am sure. And those heart shaped brownies...they look delicious and beautiful. I just know that all the children in the class loved them. I know that you really love baking with Mommy, and you are very good at it too.
P.S. Mom's a good baker as well as an amazing cook :-)))
lots of love, hugs, kisses, Grandma O