So this was the year, the year I was convinced that would excite Liam into loving the festive holiday of Halloween. Yep, he was going to love dressing up this year and tear down the street in his new costume, ready to knock on every door to show off how cute he and his sister are... SCREECH! Insert illness number three in our household in, oh, say the last two week.
Let me preface the rest of this with--sorry, momma has gotta vent...
First Liam and Izzy had terrible, terrible colds. I mean green boogies--the kind that make bullfrog throat lookin' things when they breath--but from MY KIDS' noses, not the throat of above mentioned bullfrog. The kind that with every sneeze you knew, just knew that more green snot was going to be dripping, though you had no idea where the kiddos were storing such large amounts of goo. The kind of colds that you wouldn't even dream of stepping out in public, let alone sending them to school for fear that you would be judged as a horrible parent for not only spreading the germs, but for letting them get sick in the first place. FUN! At least Liam has finally learned to wipe his own nose--just hasn't totally gotten that you can't put that tissue back in the same box.
So less than a week later comes a mystery bug that has Izzy suffering from a 103.6 fever. I keep my cool, thinking, okay, babies can endure much higher fevers, she's breast-fed for god-sake, she'll have plenty of immunity from me--wait, she's breast-fed--why is she sick in the first place????? That didn't happen really with Liam. Wait, I do terrible with fevers and get really sick, what if she does the same thing!!!!! Then coming back down again--okay, fevers are nature's way of killing the virus, just ride this thing out. Fast forward a day and we end up going in to the docs, just to make sure her ears aren't the problem... This turns into an iv/lab-fest, with concerned looks from the docs. It is finally dubbed as a bacterial infection and iv antibiotics are given and we get to go home. She gets better immediately and then--she spikes a fever again. Only for a day and I keep thinking, let's ride this out. Yah, totally not a bacterial infection since a few days later, as we are getting ready for the Giuliani's annual Halloween- themed birthday party for our dear Skylar, I realized that Liam is burning up. Yep--must be a virus. A virus that foiled one of the coolest parties of the year and also tonight's Halloween vision. But I must say, we did have a great couple days of snuggling and hanging out together. And he even wanted to try on that fireman costume--just not the hat. And he let us take a few pics. Hopefully Liam will be 100% soon. And for next year???? I'm keeping them out of school until after Halloween! That way they can't possibly get sick.
Now where are those blueprints I drew up for the germ-free bubble I am putting them in for the rest of the year????
snowman chocolate spoons
-
Need a cute homemade holiday gift idea? Or a DIY stocking stuffer? Try
these simple marshmallow chocolate spoons for hot cocoa. (This post was
originally...




2 comments:
Liam and Isabelle,
I am in France visiting Suzanne,Uncle Mark, and Aunt Delphine ! This keyboard is French and I am making lots of mistakes! I am sorry you both have been sick, and hope you are getting better. It rained all day and night on Halloween here in France, so no one went Trick or Treating. You both look wonderful in your costumes
love you sooooo much,
Grandma O
Dear Sir Liam and Beautiful Isabelle,
I am so sorry that you all were sick on Halloween Day. It still was fun to put on funny costumes for photos taken, wasn't it? You two looked so adoring as the fireman and little ladybug.... Next year's Halloween will come sonner than you think. Hmmm, what will you two be next year?
Guess what? Thanksgiving Day is just around the corner. I am sure you will enjoy turkey dinner and all other goodies.
Lots of love to you,
Grandma R
Post a Comment