O'Briens

O'Briens
A twelve year journey including a very long ortho surgery residency, first year as staff, a move to Fort Irwin AKA The Moon, a move back to DC, and now finally settling for a while in the Augusta, Georgia area-this blog tells a story of a boy and a girl leaving NYC, both switching careers, joining the Army, starting our family, loving, losing, living... Buckle up, this life of ours is bumpy, but full of love and lots of adventure.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

More pumpkin patches, Oktoberfest and fall fun!







We love the fall, and Fred was able to make it home again for the long weekend. Whoo hoo! We met some friends at Clarkland Farms, where Liam was more into the sandbox and slides than the petting zoo and the pumpkin patch, but that's okay. I was freaked out by the stinkbugs and the hungry bees. I already had one fly down my shirt at a park and I nearly stripped down to my bra--I gave those kids a show for sure! Oooppps. But I do know that they really don't stink too bad--it smelled oddly of cilantro, which I like. I guess they emit that smell when they are stressed, which is accurate--that little bugger was stressing me out and I stressed him out trying to get him out of my shirt. At least I am not afraid of that smell anymore, now that I know that it isn't so bad. Anyhow, I digress... We also checked out Oktoberfest in the Kentlands (Gaithersburg, MD) and it was great! Food wasn't good, but the activities and people were lots of fun. What a cool area! Tomorrow we are going to chill and go to the park--yes--stinkbug park. It is so fun there, I will endure those dreaded bugs.

2 comments:

Grandma O said...

Good morning Liam and Isabelle!
Another fun weekend with Mom and Dad, doing fun things at festivals and parks. I can see by your smiles that you love going out and doing things like this. I don't envy Mom with stink bugs in her shirt though ! Only a few more weeks until Dad is finished with his rotation in Jacksonville, and then you will see him everyday :-))
Have a great day and week, lots of love, hugs and kisses,
Grandma O
P.S. Everytime I log onto this blog I really love listening the the music mix Mom has included, particularly "Someday over the Rainbow" I really like the melody :-))
love you..Grandma O

Kim Rhynerson said...

Dear Sir Liam the Cutest,

I love the fall of the year too. It means that the holidays will come soon - right after the Halloween. Your Mom and Auntie C loved to go pumpkin patch and got some cute little pumpkins when they were little girls. Then grandpa R helped them carving the pumpkins into scary looking or funny little lanterns for Halloween night. Auntie C and your Mom won in the pumpkin competition - Auntie C with the tiniest pumpkin and your Mom has the funniest looking pumpkin. We should ask Grandpa R to help you when you are ready to carve pumpkin.

Love you tons,
Grandma R