Fred was able to make it home this weekend and Liam (and Mommy) were thrilled. I think Izzy Belly was too, as she was grinning from ear to ear...oh wait...she is always doing that. It was a gorgeous weekend and so we embraced this great fall weather and headed for some outdoor fun. On Saturday, we met Jen, Tony, Drew and Addison at the Bethesda/Chevy Chase Fire Prevention Open House. There were fire trucks, tall ladders, rescue squads, rescue dogs, a moonbounce, free popcorn and more--all to support Bethesda/Chevy Chase's Bravest! I love these events--you know, the ones where you get to do something to support your community. I also learned about the other cool fundraisers the firehouse does--spaghetti dinners, etc--another cool event to attend in the future.
On Sunday we packed the kids up and went to one of our favorite places, Butler's Orchard, for their annual Pumpkin Festival. Between corn mazes, slides and moonbounces, Liam wasn't sure what to tackle first.
On a more solemn note, I was sad to hear that one of the owners, Todd Butler had passed in July of this year. I don't know him at all, but noticed it on the Web site and when we were checking out in the market. His farm has brought so much joy in our family--first when it was just Fred, Sabre and me, and now with Liam and Izzy. I hope Todd was looking down on his farm this past weekend and saw how many people he has touched. Butler's Orchard is such a great place to spend time with family and friends.
On Sunday we packed the kids up and went to one of our favorite places, Butler's Orchard, for their annual Pumpkin Festival. Between corn mazes, slides and moonbounces, Liam wasn't sure what to tackle first.
On a more solemn note, I was sad to hear that one of the owners, Todd Butler had passed in July of this year. I don't know him at all, but noticed it on the Web site and when we were checking out in the market. His farm has brought so much joy in our family--first when it was just Fred, Sabre and me, and now with Liam and Izzy. I hope Todd was looking down on his farm this past weekend and saw how many people he has touched. Butler's Orchard is such a great place to spend time with family and friends.




2 comments:
Hi Sir Liam and Your Ladyship Isabelly,
What a fun filled weekend with Mom and Dad. Fire trucks, free popcorn , friends, the pumpkin patch at Butler's Orchards. I remember going there when you were just a few months old, and looking for Christmas trees. It was cold and very windy...and you were oh soooo cute in your hat that had the doggie ears :-)) I am sure you loved it too Isabelly. I am so glad you had a really great weekend with Mom and Dad.
lots and lots of love ,Grandma O
Dear Sir Liam the Cutest,
It is so nice to see you all having fun again. What a perfect weather it was for such outing!
Pumpkins ? Is it Halloween time again? Oh mine! time really flew by so quickly! I hope you will help your Mom and Dad in selecting a good pumpkin for Halloween. What will be your costume? I know Isabelle will be a lady bug.
Love you and your sister very much,
Grandma R
Post a Comment