O'Briens

O'Briens
A twelve year journey including a very long ortho surgery residency, first year as staff, a move to Fort Irwin AKA The Moon, a move back to DC, and now finally settling for a while in the Augusta, Georgia area-this blog tells a story of a boy and a girl leaving NYC, both switching careers, joining the Army, starting our family, loving, losing, living... Buckle up, this life of ours is bumpy, but full of love and lots of adventure.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I've heard of Strawberry Shortcake, but Blueberry Liam?

Liam LOVES blueberries. I mean really loves his blueberries. He also really loves pancakes. So put the two together and Liam is in heaven! The only problem is that when you cook blueberries, it is like ink and stains everything--even your skin for some time. So Liam is walking around today with a blueberry flavored five o'clock shadow. I won't even discuss his hands and fingernails. See Caroline, my aversion to touching food with my hands is really a thing of the past. Amazing how having children changes you. I am still working on the OCD cleaning trait I still possess. :)



2 comments:

Kim Rhynerson said...

Dear Sir Liam the Cutest,

Blueberries are very good for you and Grandma is so glad that you like them in your pancakes. Maybe you can have fresh blueberries on top of pancakes instead of having them cooked in pancakes will help keeping the stains away from your handsome face, and your cute little fingers. So ask your Mom to serve you pancake with fresh blueberries or banana. And remember, grandma can make you pancake too when you come visiting me.

Lots of love and kisses to you,

Grandma R

Grandma O said...

Oh my goodness, Sir Liam..
Now your five o'clock shadow matches your gorgeous blue eyes !!! Such clever outfit coordination. Your Daddy and Uncle Mark loved the pancakes Grandma O used to make for them almost everyday ! But we didn't have easy access to fresh blueberries like your Mom. Guess who else used to love blueberrie??? Uncle Bill in Massachusetts that's who.
When Grandpa O and I were young, we could pick fresh blueberries in a park in Waltham MA, called Prospect Park.
Well, of course I just love each and every video and snapshot album your Mom shares on this blog.
Grandpa O and I are very much looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the family this coming weekend, as we celebrate the coming of your new cousin in November.
By the way, did you know that blueberries are supposed to have almost 'magical' nutritional properties? It is another reason to love and appreciate your Mom and Dad for introducing you to such good foods for your health and development....
See you this weekend...
hugs, kisses and lots of love,
Grandma O