Liam is not quite crawling, but is propping himself way up on his arms and knees, while going through the motions. He started moving a little, but of course I didn't have the camera ready. It is almost like he knows the next stage is nearly at hand, and he is getting very frustrated and conveying this with a verbal "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Sometimes he even accompanies his verbal despair with raking his sippy cup across the side of his play area... much like a prisoner raking something across the bars of a jail cell. Not that he is practicing for the big house or anything!!!!! It cracks me up--I think he feels imprisoned by his lack of mobility via crawling. I guess rolling to his destination isn't as exciting these days. That mode of transportation still amazes me. The distance he can roll and in so many directions to get to what he wants... It is rather astounding, or rather impressive to a first-time mother with nothing to do, but boast over her adorable son.
I added some video of Liam's adventures to Youtube, so check out the links to the right. As you can see, I have clearly remembered that the camera ONLY takes video HORIZONTALLY... I would get so caught up in the moment and so concerned about catching the event on film at the right angle that I would totally turn the camera in the way that best fit Liam in the frame. Novice mistake! Genevieve can stop laughing at me now. :)
Enjoy!!!




3 comments:
Hello Sir Liam ! (Mom and Dad too)
I am loving the newest pictures and watching the videos Mom took this week ! I particularly like hearing your voice, and seeing how big you are getting. I hope we can see you very soon, because we love you soooo much.
Please tell Mom and Dad to give you lots of hugs and kisses from Grandma and Grandpa O
lots and lots of love Grandma O
Dear Sir Liam the Cute,
I love seeing you growing into a very handsome little boy. And pretty soon you will be crawling around the house because you have such nurturing Mom and Dad. We are all so proud of you and your parents!
Grandpa R and I look forward to seeing you again soon with your Grandma and Grandpa O and your Dad and Mom and uncle Mark at the birthday party for your cousine Suzanne and Aunt Delphine which will be sometimes in May.
Lots of love to you as always,
Grandma R
Hi Sir Liam,
I know how excited that you must be to have another cousin to love and play with ! Aunt Caroline and Uncle John will be welcoming their first little one in November, supposedly on the 16th, but maybe it will be the 8th :-))).
I think that you, Suzanne, and ??? Hilburn will have lots of fun together as you grow with your wonderful moms and dads.
lots of love Grandma O
Post a Comment