O'Briens

O'Briens
A twelve year journey including a very long ortho surgery residency, first year as staff, a move to Fort Irwin AKA The Moon, a move back to DC, and now finally settling for a while in the Augusta, Georgia area-this blog tells a story of a boy and a girl leaving NYC, both switching careers, joining the Army, starting our family, loving, losing, living... Buckle up, this life of ours is bumpy, but full of love and lots of adventure.

Monday, March 31, 2008

The tale of two teeth


So we got back from our NYC trip and discovered that Liam's first tooth came in...just like that, it seemed like it was overnight! And then over the weekend, I noticed that there wasn't just one of those pearly treasures, but TWO! And along with new teeth, Liam wanted to add to his repertoire of the sounds that he is making. He has now taken to spitting and gurgling, or rather making a choking sound that freaks me out, but clearly delights Liam. His hair is growing thicker (relatively speaking) and looks more red than ever. I was visiting with Rita and she laughed at me when I was taking Liam out of the car then commented that I look like Liam's nanny. Who would have ever thought I would have a blonde/red haired, blue eyed child. No Asian influence in there at all! Liam is sitting up well, not crawling yet, but uses the rolling method to get to what he wants. He just rolls, rolls, rolls all over and in every direction. I can only imagine the adventures that await him (and me) when he starts to crawl. Does anyone have any extra energy they can spare? I need some!

2 comments:

Grandma O said...

Sir Liam..
Congratulations on the appearance of your new teeth !!! I know that they are truly pearls and you are cuter than ever. Shall we start calling you Sir Liam the Cutest??
Just tell Mommy that Grandma O sees both Mom and Dad in you (lucky you). Ilove the picture of you sitting like the prince you are, smiling at the world over which you reign. I send lots and lots of love from Grandpa O and me to you, Mom and Dad...

Kim Rhynerson said...

Dearest Sir Liam the Cutest,

I think Grandma O is right that we should call you the Cutest.... What a delight it is to see you grow each day and to discover that you indeed have two pearly teeth instead of one. You are so very cute with every gurgle at your talkative mood each time.

You are the luckiest boy to have traits from both your Mom and Dad. However, I think you do have Grandpa R reddish hair to accentuate your beautiful and bright blue eyes.

Can't wait to see you again tonight. What would you like for supper? Green bean and peach are your favorites.

Lots of love to you,

Grandma R