O'Briens

O'Briens
A twelve year journey including a very long ortho surgery residency, first year as staff, a move to Fort Irwin AKA The Moon, a move back to DC, and now finally settling for a while in the Augusta, Georgia area-this blog tells a story of a boy and a girl leaving NYC, both switching careers, joining the Army, starting our family, loving, losing, living... Buckle up, this life of ours is bumpy, but full of love and lots of adventure.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Our first Santa visit


We haven't attempted any Santa photos the last two Christmas since those of you who know Liam well knows that he doesn't take to strangers that quickly and he gets really upset, which then causes a very, very (or berry, berry) red, blotchy, unhappy face. This year, I thought, hey, let's try it. The first thing Liam said to Santa was, "Look at the elevator! Look at the lights-they're berry, berry hot!" He did sit on Santa's lap for two seconds and we got a few shots, but no smile until he got the electric blue lollipop and stuffed animal afterwards. It was well worth it though--no line and the adorable blue stained face at the end were priceless. Of course, I didn't get a picture of that.

4 comments:

Grandma O said...

Well good for you Sir Liam ! It can be a little scarey to meet Santa for the first time, and you did bery bery well :-)) The blue lollipop sounds, well, sorta delicious....and getting blue dye on your face...well, blue is a bery bery good color for you :-)))
love you love you love you
Grandma O

Kim Rhynerson said...

Dear Sir Liam the Cutest,

You are right not to take to strangers unless your Mom says it is OK. I am glad that you had a very cute picture taken with Santa Claus this year. I know you have been good and Santa Claus will reward you for being a good boy with gifts and toys.

We hardly wait to celebrate Christmas with you, your Mom and Dad and Grandparents O.

Love you tons,
Grandma R

Kim Rhynerson said...

Dear Sir Liam the Cutest,

You were right not to take to strangers unless your Mom says it is OK. I am glad that you had a very cute picture taken with Santa Claus this year. I know you have been good and Santa Claus will reward you for being a good boy with gifts and toys.

We hardly wait to celebrate Christmas with you, your Mom and Dad and Grandparents O.

Love you tons,
Grandma R

Kim Rhynerson said...

Dear Sir Liam the Cutest,

You are right not to take to strangers unless your Mom says it is OK. I am glad that you had a very cute picture taken with Santa Claus this year. I know you have been good and Santa Claus will reward you for being a good boy with gifts and toys.

We hardly wait to celebrate Christmas with you, your Mom and Dad and Grandparents O.

Love you tons,
Grandma R