O'Briens

O'Briens
A twelve year journey including a very long ortho surgery residency, first year as staff, a move to Fort Irwin AKA The Moon, a move back to DC, and now finally settling for a while in the Augusta, Georgia area-this blog tells a story of a boy and a girl leaving NYC, both switching careers, joining the Army, starting our family, loving, losing, living... Buckle up, this life of ours is bumpy, but full of love and lots of adventure.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree







I wanted to put up a Christmas tree, but with everything going on, I didn't have the energy to go all out and decorate, and especially thought I would be lacking the energy to then take down all the decorations. But Liam is at such a fun age and how could I not put up a tree? So the compromise? We opted to borrow my parent's fake tree that already included the lights. Bonus--the lights are what take forever anyhow. And I stopped by Target to kill time after dropping off my labs to purchase a bunch of unbreakable ornaments and garland. I got all of that, three maternity tees and made it back to the hospital for them to check on the labs and run all the tests. So win, win for everyone! Anyhow, I got home with enough time and energy to decorate the tree with Liam. He is more into un-decorating it by pulling things off, but hey, whatever he wants to do is fine with me. Thanks Mom and Dad R for helping out with the babysitting while I was at the hospital and with "decorating."






1 comments:

Grandma O said...

Hi Sir Liam,
A tree with lights and unbreakable ornaments....what's not to like?? The tree looks beautiful, you look as though you love it...perfect:-)
lots of love grandma O