O'Briens

O'Briens
A twelve year journey including a very long ortho surgery residency, first year as staff, a move to Fort Irwin AKA The Moon, a move back to DC, and now finally settling for a while in the Augusta, Georgia area-this blog tells a story of a boy and a girl leaving NYC, both switching careers, joining the Army, starting our family, loving, losing, living... Buckle up, this life of ours is bumpy, but full of love and lots of adventure.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Michigan Bound?



This past fall Aunt C and Uncle Cha Chi gave Liam a VT shirt to start an early recruitment program specialized for Sir Liam. Then this spring Andreas and Elanna gave Liam a
Michigan t-shirt, which of course delighted Fred. I have been wanting to get a picture of him in his shirt, but whenever I put it on him he would somehow drool all over it or worse! I was finally able to get a picture of him wearing it, but he had a serious face for all of them. I guess pondering what college he wants to attend at almost 10 months old is a very serious matter indeed!

6 comments:

Grandma O said...

Sir Liam,
You get more handsome every time I see a picture of you !! I thinkt he serious look you have indicates that you are a deep thinker and will make great decisions. Of course you are a genius, just like your Mom and Dad. Won't it be fun to read together....I love reading with little children. Suzanne and I enjoyed several books this past spring, and pretty soon you and I will as well. Your friends Andreas and Elana are very nice to send your first U of M article of clothing.
Have a wonderful weekend, and we will see you next weekend ! Hooray !
hugs, kisses and lots of love ,
Grandma O

Caroline said...

Interesting that he was happy in his VT shirt.. even looked like he was a frat boy in the pics... and he is so serious w/ the Michigan shirt on.
I think he is trying to show you that he would have much more fun at VT!
Aunt C & Uncle Chach will be proud of him no matter where he goes... just as long as it is not UVA.
HA HA. Kidding of course.
We love you Liam!

Kristen and Jeff Harper said...

Hi! My vote is for College of Charleston!! Just tell Liam that the girl to guy ratio is 8:1!! BTW, how do i make the cute slideshows you do??

Kim Rhynerson said...

Dear Liam the Cutest,

You will be great student no matter where you will get to go to college - in about 18 years from now - it might be sooner since you are a genius. Then, all universities will have to compete to get you enrolled to their institution.

Love you so much and more each day,

Grandma R

Grandma O said...

Hi Liam
I am sure you have already read Grandma R's brilliant comment, but I want to say that I agree completely. You will be the most desired student for the class of 2229 !!!!!
I am waiting like everyone else to learn if your new cousin Hilburn will be playing football with you or field hockey with you as cheerleader :-)))
kisses, hugs, and lots of love to the best grandson (so far :-)))
Grandma O

Grandma O said...

CORRECTION :-)))
Liam, I am not really a mathematicl dummy, but apparently I was quite tired when I calculated your college graduation date to be 2229. You really will graduate in 2029...you will only be 22 when you graduate not 122 !

Only a few more days until we see you...hooray !
kisses, hugs, and lots of love,
Grandma O