O'Briens

O'Briens
A twelve year journey including a very long ortho surgery residency, first year as staff, a move to Fort Irwin AKA The Moon, a move back to DC, and now finally settling for a while in the Augusta, Georgia area-this blog tells a story of a boy and a girl leaving NYC, both switching careers, joining the Army, starting our family, loving, losing, living... Buckle up, this life of ours is bumpy, but full of love and lots of adventure.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

San Diego

San Diego has alwasy been one of my favorite destinations. I have a picture of me taken when I was maybe two and I was enthralled at the zoo and I think I still have the same expression on my face as I walk around paradise. Can you imagine anything better than having it sunny and gorgeous every day? The only thing I can think of that is better is being there with my family.

Yup, the Rhynerson descended upon Mission Bay Beach after a litte bit of a rocky start. Fred had to work a lot since it was his work trip that inspired us again to tag along. Those orthopods really pick some good locations! The cousins were in heaven hanging out with one another. Most importantly Dad looked good and really enjoyed having everyone under one roof. It also helped that the roof was also ON the beach. So glad to have gotten to spend good, quality time with my family.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Liam and Isabelle,
I love seeing you have so much fun with Mom, Dad, the Grands R, and Aunt Caroline, Uncle John and Mailee. The beach is always great. I love the pictures of all of you building sand castles, running into the waves. I am sure the water was very cold....but who cares !! Love you all so much,
Grandma O

Kim Rhynerson said...

It was certainly a nice place to be a week before Christmas. Everyone enjoyed the beach front house that we have rented for a week. Aunt Cee Cee, Uncle Cha Chi and Mailee were able to join all of us - Liam, Isabelle, Liz and Fred, Grandpa and Grandma R. for this outing in conjunction with Fred's work conference.

We look forward to having more exciting trips in the near future -maybe along the coast of Atlantic Ocean or in Key West.

Much love to you all,

Grandma R