O'Briens

O'Briens
A twelve year journey including a very long ortho surgery residency, first year as staff, a move to Fort Irwin AKA The Moon, a move back to DC, and now finally settling for a while in the Augusta, Georgia area-this blog tells a story of a boy and a girl leaving NYC, both switching careers, joining the Army, starting our family, loving, losing, living... Buckle up, this life of ours is bumpy, but full of love and lots of adventure.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Happy Autism Awareness Day--Autism-it isn't for the faint of heart!

I just got back from my son's Field Day, which is always a challenge. He didn't do any of the activities, but he DID stay the entire time! It's those baby steps that do count, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that my heart always sinks when I see other children loving these events, while mine is managing the event the best he can... It is all so appropriate for today since it is World Autism Awareness Day. So light it up blue to spread the word and maybe even put some blue on too. I would post a picture of Liam at the actual Field Day, but he said, "no pictures, Mom." OK. Here are some others.

As I said in the title...Happy Autism Awareness Day--Autism-it isn't for the faint of heart! One day at a time.



0 comments: