O'Briens

O'Briens
A twelve year journey including a very long ortho surgery residency, first year as staff, a move to Fort Irwin AKA The Moon, a move back to DC, and now finally settling for a while in the Augusta, Georgia area-this blog tells a story of a boy and a girl leaving NYC, both switching careers, joining the Army, starting our family, loving, losing, living... Buckle up, this life of ours is bumpy, but full of love and lots of adventure.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Liam's Cars






We are finally on a path to potty training and of course all on Liam's terms, as everything has been-weaning, bottle, binky...mommy's sanity. :) It pains me to say this, but Liam really, really loves the movie Cars. You know, Disney's interpretation of NASCAR. And we have watched Cars the movie about a zillion times. When a good friend of ours decided to have his b-day party at a screening of the new Cars 2 movie, Liam was beyond excited. And here is how I have manipulated Liam into really potty training. Besides the way cool b-day party movie, I allowed myself the budget of a jumbo box of diapers and went to Target with Liam to pick out all of his prices--little diecast and large shake and go replicas of his favorite characters from his favorite movie. We hunkered down this week and I must say, he is doing a marvelous job! All thanks to our NASCAR-like friends. I am almost out of cars and scanning craigslist and friends to get some more, but so worth it. And bonus-these cars are also keeping Liam busy for HOURS-so win/win here.

Just to show you how important these cars are to Liam--they joined us for special time with mommy and Liam on our lunch picnic today.

2 comments:

Grandma O said...

Dear Liam,
I know you are proud to be training, and loving those cars.
We are happy for you and proud of you too. You are a wonderful little boy, and seem to love life so much. Stay sweet, keep loving and accomplishing new tasks.
Grandpa O and I love you sooooo much.
Grandma O

Kim Rhynerson said...

Dear Sir Liam the Cutest,

I am very proud of you too! Your training is coming along just fine - everyone has his/her own schedule and terms.

I really like all of your cars - Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Fin McMissile, etc. I can't believe that there are so many cars out there besides Mercedes Benz that I only know all my life raising 2 girls. Grandpa R was well informed of these things and he did get you Lightning McQueen that you liked so much.

I can't wait to celebrate your birthday soon with more cars on the race track!

Love you tons,
Grandma R