O'Briens

O'Briens
A twelve year journey including a very long ortho surgery residency, first year as staff, a move to Fort Irwin AKA The Moon, a move back to DC, and now finally settling for a while in the Augusta, Georgia area-this blog tells a story of a boy and a girl leaving NYC, both switching careers, joining the Army, starting our family, loving, losing, living... Buckle up, this life of ours is bumpy, but full of love and lots of adventure.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Taking It All In




The weather has been gorgeous, and Liam and I have been getting out as much as we can. We decided to surprise Fred with a picnic dinner so we could take advantage of the outdoors as much as we can. I was getting everything together in the kitchen when Liam ran in and hugged me then said for the first time, "I love you!" It just melted my heart. And when we picked Fred up from work, Fred said, "I love you," and was thrilled when Liam responded back, "I love you!" So sweet! He is growing up so fast and learning new things everyday. I just love that I get to spend every day with him and watch every adorable milestone.

3 comments:

Kim Rhynerson said...

Dear Sir Liam the Cutest,

Oh, how sweet it was for you to say "I love you" to your Mom and Dad. I know they were so thrilled to hear that loving expression coming from you.

We all love you with all of our hearts too. It is great to see you growing into a charming and loving toddler now. Your Mom and Dad have done a terrific job in raising you!


Love you tons,

Grandma and Grandpa R

Grandma O said...

Hello Sir Liam,
You are a wonderful little boy, growing into a kind and loving young man. Never stop saying "I love you" to Mom and Dad...they love you and so do we. Wasn't Mom smart to arrange a picnic in the park for Dad and you last night. I know you had a great time playing and then having dinner outside.
Lots of love, Grandma & Grandpa O

Caroline said...

ah, tell liam we love him! ;)